My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Thursday, 25 August 2016

Nocturnal Muse

I don't know why it is, but just when I've really taken off with this new hobby of tangling, and blogging about tangling, and doing travelling tangles everything else has gone a bit crazy busy as well. I'm hoping that next week will be a bit quieter after we have the church fair out of the way. I've been tangling some cards and some little boxes for the craft stall. I was hoping to get more cards done but you know....sleep gets in the way lol.



Travelling Tangles

I've been continuing my journey with travelling tangles this week. I finished the lovely start I was sent by Ria at TangleDreams. Here's the link to the before photo if you need a reminder, and this is what it looked like when I finished it.


A Sue and Ria collaberation

 Ria did all the lovely blue bits and the left and bottom borders. Apart from Meer going a bit wonky I was pretty happy with it.

I also finished this one from a lady in Queensland. She did the phroz bits except for the star in the middle, and I did the arukas. I had quite a mental block with this one but adding the extra bit of phroz helped to break this. I haven't really liked arukas before but I found a link to a youtube clip by Molly Hollibaugh and that really helped me with it.

My biggest problem is the muse of zentangle inspiration keeps turning up just as I'm about to go to bed which certainly is not helping with my tiredness this week lol. When she arrived for this one it changed my bed time from 9.50pm till 11.10. And then when I do make myself go to bed I'm finishing the drawing in my imagination instead of going to sleep lol. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Phroz and Arukas

Joey and the Diva

I did a two for one tile for this week, partly because I just don't have much free time, but the end result feels a bit contrived. I did use it as an opportunity to practise some shading though. Oh well, it is what it is. Toby is modelling it for you in case you've missed him, but you might be able to tell he's a bit disgusted with the whole idea.


Sparkle and Ing

Well that's it for this week. Next week I hope to share some finishes of starts I've sent off to other people, but I want to get their permission to copy their photos and post them in here first.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I always read all of them, even if I don't get the time to respond to them all. Happy tangling!

20 comments:

  1. It is a clever idea to combine ING and Sparkle on one tile, a very nice result!
    I wish you a lovely day on the church fair, the cards and the boxes are beautiful, I'm sure they gonna like them.
    I'm happy you have enjoyed our collaboration but the tile you have made with Phroz and Arukas is also a beauty, e perfect drawn Arukas and that is not an easy one, well done!
    And yes, I agree, when I go to sleep "some thouhts about Zentangle are in my head too, but I like these thoughts more than worry about so many things you can't change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria that's a lovely way to think of it. Going to sleep planning my next tangle is definitely better than going to sleep worrying, so thank you for that!

      Delete
  2. Your cards and boxes are wonderful - i Like the colour of the boxes and how you tangled them - really nice :-) And I adore the owl-card (I love owls!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Suse you have been busy! I've seen some snooty supermodels in my time but Toby takes the biscuit..that is one very unimpressed cat lol!I love your boxes and cards too, a lot of work there. Your collaborations are gorgeous, I love Ria's work and the two of you together have produced a beauty. Can't look at your Sparkle and Ing without seeing a cakes and seafood banquet...but then I'm a foody :D Well done Suse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol about the cakes and seafood! The reason I got stuck on the phroz collaboration before I added the extra star was because every time I looked at it I saw a bikini top :)

      Delete
  4. Great work! I especially love all of your ZIAs. And Joey is such a classic cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards (I love Owls),boxes, travelling tangle tiles, ING and Joey are gorgeous. I will look for you on the TT FB group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much lovely work you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cards and boxes are gorgeous, always very rewarding to do. Your ING tile is beautiful too.
    I start tangling (most of the time) at 22:00 until 23:30 and sleep like a baby after it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep looking for the like button for all your comments lol! Thanks for dropping by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dream about whatever I was doing most that day. Last night I colored all night LOL! You have created some beautiful work, but of course I love seeing your kitty the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and very inspiring post! Your card and boxes are great! I like your lovely tiles as well and the cat is so cute! Travelling Tile is a fabulous project, isn´t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. It's such fun getting mail, and it really extends you!

      Delete
  12. Well only one of the boxes sold but I think all the cards did. A shame really because the boxes were quicker and easier, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness you've been very busy!! But the fruit of your labor is gorgeous!! I love everything!! Traveling tiles would be far too stressful for me, I'm afraid. I'd be sure to ruin them!! LOL. Yours are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness you've been very busy!! But the fruit of your labor is gorgeous!! I love everything!! Traveling tiles would be far too stressful for me, I'm afraid. I'd be sure to ruin them!! LOL. Yours are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you combined Joey and Diva challenges...hi kitty!...and I love it. It's symmetrical and sort of stately. Like architecture.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.