My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Tuesday, 2 August 2016

One for Jo

One of the nice things about any art or craft is making things for other people. Today's ZIA is for one of my workmates. I've drawn some names for a few of the other girls, and there was just Jo to go. I finally got round to doing one for her last night.  Here it is: This one is a bit different from the other names I've done. I had fun trying out Huggins, a Zentangle (R) original tangle and another new border tangle along the bottom appropriately called Ojo, by Lara Williams CZT. I wasn't sure how to incorporate the tangles around the name but remembered reading somewhere "when in doubt, aura", so decided to start with that.
Molygon, Printemps, Flux, Ojo, Huggins, Ansu + others
  Each name I've done has ended up quite differently. This one was inspired by Ellish from Maria Thomas, one of Zentangle's founders. I had a lot of fun playing with Ellish. I also included some zen gems as Sascha is a lady who just needs colour! I wasn't completely happy with the paper I used though, the gems didn't blend as well as I'd like.
Ellish and gems.
The third one was a gift for a girl moving to another office. If you were really creative you could use tangles starting with that letter to fill each one. I didn't manage that though!
Onomato, Flux, Crescent moon, Ennies, and I'm not sure about the E.
I have my lap to myself tonight, the weather is still quite chilly here by Australian standards and the heater is on. Toby really does only love me for my body heat lol!
Toby        
Keep on tangling!

5 comments:

  1. If you want something done ask a busy person lol! You must have 30 hrs in your days in Aus! Love them all especially Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely name cards. A wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea and such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea and such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming to look and commenting everyone 😊

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.