My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Thursday, 8 September 2016

Centre Square and Sprigs

Happy Thursday tangle folk!

Where do you get your tangling inspiration from? I have a desire to do a ZIA piece based on this photo of Toby but whether it's because I don't have enough confidence in my skills yet, the zentangle muse hasn't hit or just not having enough time it has yet to make it's way to pen and paper.


Joey's Challenge #129

Some of my inspiration for Joey's complete my tile challenge this week came from a photo I took on my walk. I'm not sure if this is already a tangle or not, but when I got home and had a look at it, I just had to try deconstructing it into a tangle. If anyone knows if this is already a tangle can you let me know in the comments? The other tangles are sprigs, from Joey's challenge and Rainking, a new one I tried out.

Edited 11/09/16 - Since publishing this post I have refined the step-out for this tangle and given it a name "Stree". If you want to see how I do it you can find the step-out here.

Joey's challenge #129 Sprigs, Rainking and ???


DC# 283 UMT (Use My Tangle)

This week's challenge from the Diva was a UMT of "Centre Square" by Aleesha Sattva CZT. I used it as a border then did a kind of sampler through the centre square of some 3D (mostly) type tangles. I tried to take my time and use careful shading.

Centre Square, Jaws, Roscoe, Meer, A-dalfa, A-fog, Fandance
I've decided to go back to the basics for while. Joining the Travelling Tangles Project got me all excited about colour but after some frustration I've decided I'm not ready for that yet. Not that I won't use any colour at all, but I'm going to concentrate just on microns on white paper, at least for my own work.

Gifts

One lovely thing about taking up a new craft is being able to use it to gift others with something unique. I did this drawing for a lovely lady at my work who has recently achieved 40 years of service, in addition to having an Order of Australia Medal for her services to Guides and children with disabilities. 

An owl for an Owl

I've also done name cards for the girls I work closest with at work. This is a fun thing to do as a gift for someone or for a card. If you want to see what I mean, have a look here.

That's all for today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and happy tangling!


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Suse! I especially love your Diva tile. The framing with Center Square is fantastic. I may have to lift that;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd be honoured! I got the border idea from the travelling tile Ria sent me.

      Delete
    2. I agree with that. The Center Square border is lovely. Your Meer in that tile also looks very delicate. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Stephanie, your suggestions helped!

      Delete
  2. It is a very nice pattern you have drawn. I have never seen that before, so maybe it can be a new tangle???
    It is very nice in combination with Sprigs.
    Your Diva's tile is beautiful,very nice contrasts and well chosen patterns.
    It is very kind of you to make such lovely cards. I'm 100 % sure they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, your Diva tile is my favorite! Toby looks like our Izzy, so I love him too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the diva tile - the pattern makes a great border! The owl is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! And what a thoughtful and lovely gift - lucky coworker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Diva's challenge-tile is outstanding! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of using Center Square as a frame. Very nicely done. Beautiful and thoughtful gift. That owl composition is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Suse what lovely things you have created this week..The lady who recieved the owl must have been thrilled, so lovely.Toby being black and white already makes him a great candidate for a ZIA, being drop dead gorgeous helps too of course :) The photo is stunning, I'd sketch it out a few times and when you are comfortable with the main shapes I bet the inspiration will flow. You wore it out for a while on all the wonderful stuff above is all lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tiles are delightful and your friends are lucky to receive such beautiful art gifts! The 3D effects on the UMT challenge tile are beautiful and Centre makes a perfect frame for them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sampler piece. What a special gift you've created for your office mate, lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tiles and lovely new tangle and I love your owl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally created a tangle! I LOVE IT...going to play with it a bit today. I also think your owl is just wonderful. Is there a better creature to tangle in, than an owl? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I worked out an easier step out since drawing this, will try and post it soon.

      Delete
    2. Done, you can find it as the next post if you click home or on the blog title, or copy and paste this link http://alapfullofcat.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/stree-new-tangle.html

      Delete
  13. All are wonderful! Especially I like your Diva challenge tile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE it as a border!!!!!!!!! Never thought of that myself... now I have to go draw it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you like it Aleesha 😊

      Delete
  15. These tiles are very beautiful and the owl in stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.