My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Oops I ripped my tile

Well not really but Joey's finish my tile challenge for this week was to make it look like a strip had been torn out of the middle of your tile. I was really excited by this challenge and would have got into it straight away if I'd had the energy, but a weekend of gastro had left me feeling like a limp noodle and with some travelling tangle starts to catch up on.

Here is what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with it, except I'm still struggling with my shading. I think when I get a chance I'm going to need to try a variety of pencils and papers and work out how I best like to shade for once and for all.


Travelling Tangles


I've been receiving lots of lovely happy mail over the last few weeks and thought I'd share some of the latest ones with you. These ones are a France-Australia collaboration with Christine who has just decided to give travelling tangles a go. The first one is one I sent to her:


I drew the outline of Huggins and the ripped page and Christine did the fills and and all the rest. I think this looks great! Christine does beautiful line work.

The next one Christine sent to me:


Christine sent me the red and black tripoli. I added another layer of aura and the circle string and went from there. I decided not to shade as I liked the clean black white and red effect here.

If you'd like to join the travelling tangles fun, check out the group on Facebook.

That's all for now. Hope you are all having a good week and are in good health! The only one in the family who enjoys someone being sick is guess who. He spent the last 3 days permanently fixed on my bed or chair lol.


7 comments:

  1. Like the tile for Joey´s! Tear the paper and underneath comes color!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful traveling tiles Sue, I'm glad you enjoy this experience and with every tile, you will learn a bit more.
    Yours Joey's tile is very nice. Sometimes the shadows are good but on the screen they look a lot of times too pale (it happens also with me)
    Excellent to use a sepia colored pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the titel of your blog ;-) and the red surprise that popped out of the torned piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tile! It's really got so much depth. Your Travelling Tiles are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfull flowery torn tile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfull flowery torn tile!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.